Friday 14 June 2013

Email to Detective Inspector Neil Matthews of the Metropolitan Police - Is arming the Syrian rebels a criminal offence under UK Law?

This post consists largely of an email sent today to Detective Inspector Neil Matthews, Staff Officer to Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley of the Metropolitan Police.

I believe I have a duty imposed by Section 38B of the Terrorism Act 2000 to report to a "constable" my suspicions about proposed terrorist offences by David Cameron MP and William Hague MP so that terrorist offences contrary to Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006 may be prevented.

Here is the text of my email to Detective Inspector Matthews:

Detective Inspector Matthews,

In accordance with the duty imposed on me by Section 38B of the Terrorism Act 2000 I am reporting to you as a constable my suspicions that David Cameron MP and William Hague MP are proposing to commit offences contrary to Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006 by unlawfully supplying arms to rebel groups in Syria.

Please bring this matter to the immediate attention of Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley.

I ask you to ensure that you record this report as a suspected crime and supply me with a Unique Reference Number relating to this matter.

My reasoning regarding the suspected offences by Mr. Cameron and Mr. Hague is laid out in my email of today's date to David Anderson QC the UK Government's independent reviewer of terrorist legislation.

The text of my email to Mr. Anderson (copied to my constituency MP Sir Robert Smith) is here:

That email contains a link to a more extended consideration of the matter on my fuqq.eu blog here:

You are aware that I believe that senior Metropolitan Police officers may have perverted and may be continuing to pervert the course of justice with respect to the failure to investigate suspected terrorist offences.

In that context I am sure that you and Assistant Commissioner Rowley will wish carefully to consider how you proceed.

Thank you

(Dr) Andrew Watt

I copied the email to Assistant Commissioner Rowley and his other Staff Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Jacqueline Sebire.

It will, indeed, be interesting to see how the Metropolitan Police proceeds on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment